FAQ Subjects

Question: I am a Distance Student


Answer

  • You can request books and have them mailed to your home address if you are a distance student. You are responsible for return mailing costs.
  • Approximately 99% of all articles requested are available electronically for download (the other 1% are mailed to you).
  • If you do not live near either library, and you are a Distance Student as defined by the Marshall University Libraries, then you should use Information Delivery Services (IDS) to have ILL books mailed to you.
  • If you need more information about services to distance students, please visit the Off-Campus Library Services page.
  • You are not considered a distance student if you attend at least one class that meets on the Huntington campus.
  • If you are not a Distance Student you are not eligible for “mail to” delivery of items. You are expected to pick up items ordered through IDS at the Circulation Desk in Drinko Library.
  • Who is considered a distance student? For the purposes of IDS (Information Delivery Services), the status “Distance Student” is to be selected only if:
  1. You are enrolled in classes that do not meet on the Huntington campus
    1. For example, classes held off-campus at MOVC, Teays Valley, Logan, Williamson, Gilbert, or other sites..
    2. Dual enrollment and military programs
    3. 100% online
  2. AND you are not an MUSC student


Answered By: Stephen Tipler
Last Updated: Dec 25, 2017 Views: 29