Question: How do I post to the discussion board in Blackboard?
You may find that you need to post to the discussion board for your Blackboard class.
- Log in to Blackboard and click on your course from your Course List.
- Using the navigational buttons on the left of the screen, select the Discussion Board tab.
- This will bring up all your discussion forums (subjects) for your course.
- Select the one you need to create a post on.
- Click the Create Thread button located near the top of the next screen.
- This will pull up a template for you to fill in for your post (a subject line is required and you'll type your response to the discussion in the text box below it).
- TIP: We recommend always typing your responses/posts in Microsoft Word first and then copy and paste in to the text box in Blackboard. Blackboard will time out on you after a certain period of time if it thinks you are not doing anything in there and when you type in the text boxes in Blackboard, it does not detect that action - so to be safe, type in Word first and then copy and paste it to Blackboard!
- When you are finished typing your post, click the Submit button at the bottom.
- This will make your post available to view by your classmates and instructor.
Answered By: Gillian Sochor
Last Updated: Jun 22, 2018 Views: 2