Question: Why doesn't my instructor's link in Blackboard Learn work?
There are several reasons why a link in Blackboard Learn may not work for you.
Below are a few of the most common ones:
- Your pop-up blocker may be blocking the link. Your browser may show a message that this is happening.
- The link may be opening, but very slowly. You may need to wait a while to see if this is the case.
- The url may be incorrect or be missing the beginning part that allows students to access a Library resource from off-campus. This part looks like https://ezproxy.marshall.edu/login?url=
- The url may have had spaces or foreign characters in it, and Blackboard Learn is not accepting it.
- The instructor may have forgotten to set up the link to open in a new window (for library links).
What to do:
- First try to right click on the link and either open it in a new tab or new window.
- If that does not work, try to copy and paste the link in a browser outside of Blackboard Learn to see if that makes a difference.
- If that does not help, contact your instructor so s/he can troubleshoot the link. If it is working for everyone else in the course, then you will need to look at the settings on your computer.
- Remember that you can contact the 24-Hour Student Help Desk for technical difficulties at 866-235-5037 Toll-Free.
Answered By: Gillian Sochor
Last Updated: Jun 22, 2018 Views: 1